News: I will soon be looking for top candidates for at least 1 postdoc position in the context of an ERC Consolidator grant due to start on 1 May 2014. Please contact me if you are potentially interested.
In case you're wondering: my first name ('Tijl') is pronounced ok as 'tell', and my last name ('De Bie' -- 'De' is not a middle name) as 'the bee'... (which is what it means!)
Good, now we can talk :-)
My interests are centred around data science in the broad sense and its applications. Some of the areas I'm particularly interested in are: music information retrieval, bioinformatics, web and text mining, and media analysis. My theoretical focus is currently on subjective interestingness in data mining.
- Andrew Pickin
- Now recruiting outstanding candidates with an interest in data mining and/or music information retrieval. Please contact me.
Former PhD students and postdocs
- Eirini Spyropoulou
- Akis Kontonasios
- Matt McVicar (now at National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
- Nick Fyson (now at Imperial College London)
- Omar Ali (now with Palantir Technologies)
- Tristan Snowsill (now at the Peninsula Technology Assessment Group (PenTAG) in Exeter)
- Raul Santos-Rodriguez (now at Genexies)
- Ni Yizhao (now at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center)
Contact me if you would like to join us!